Thursday, July 14, 2011

My First Post

Well, this is going to be a short post. I hope I will have time to post again tomorrow or this weekend.  Anyway, this is my first foray into the world of blogs. I read them often enough that I thought I might as well. In a month I will officially be an assistant professor of anthropology at Georgia State. I was thinking a blog would be a great way to track my progression as a professor as well as my ongoing research. To be honest, I have been inspired by several archaeology and anthropology blogs, especially Savage Minds, Middle Savagery, and Publishing Archaeology, as well as many political and environmental blogs I regularly read. I do not know what I think of these blogs that attract my lurking. Perhaps I will write a posting on these thoughts later. I will also explain the title of this blog.

In the meantime, I have to finish some article revisions and make sure my letter to the editor does not treat one reviewer too rudely. Right now this one review is sort of similar to the following hypothetical exchange:


“What are you wearing on your head?” the reviewer asks. 
“A hat, obviously” I reply.
My interlocutor pauses, smiles, then replies, “No, you aren’t.”
 

I wonder if anyone will read this rusty marshalltown...

1 comment:

  1. PLANTS. LOTS AND LOTS OF PLANTS. pretty please.

    ReplyDelete